Curtain Fold Card Tutorial
There is and error on the PDF you need to cut the curtain pieces at 11 inches.
PDF Available HERE
Supplies I Used:
1 - 12 x 12 sheet Lawn Fawn Spring Fling - Rachel
1 - 12 x 12 sheet Lawn Fawn Spring Fling - Christy
1 - 8 -1/2 sheet of white card base - I used 110 lb
Balloons: Crazy Things by Tim Holtz - CMS237
Sentiments: Crazy Talk by Tim Holtz - CMS236
Bow: Fold Up Bows by Tim Holtz - 662415
- Cut 8-1/2 x 11 white cardstock in half lengthwise and score at 5-1/4 and fold.
- Cut another piece of the white at 2 x 4 inches.
- Cut bottom print at 3-1/4 x 4 inches.
- Cut curtain print 4 x 10 inches (this print needs to be double-sided).
- Cut print strip 1/2 x 4.
- Inside Card cut a print 4 x 5-1/4 and a section of white to go inside of it.
- Cut the 4 x 11 section by lining up opposite corners on the 1 inch mark on your paper trimmer. You should be left with a section that is 1 inch on one end and 4 inches on the opposite end. You will end up with two sections. We will only be using one of them.
- Take your white card base and apply the printed 3-1/4 x 4 section at the bottom leaving and even amount of white space around all edges.
- Apply the white 2 x 4 section just above the printed section leaving the same white border.
- Take the 10 inch section that you cut diagonally and place with the one inch end to the left and score at 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 inches.
- Starting with the 1 inch end fold back and then bring the next fold forward and then back and forward until you have the fold at the 10 inch mark that should be folded to the back. Leaving you with a 4 inch wide section.
- Now add a bit of glue at the top of each section front and back to hold the pleats down.
- Adhere the pleated section by aligning the top with the top of the printed section that you already attached. You can use your glue or scor-tape which ever one works best for you.
- Stamp, color and cut out your balloons and attach. I used a little foam tape on two of them to pop them up. Either use real string or draw some from the balloons to go under the border we are going to attach.
- Now add your 1/2 x 4 inch printed border piece.
- I die cut a bow from the Tim Holtz Bows Thinlits and attached it to the border section like it was holding the balloon strings. You could use ribbon as a border and tie up a pretty ribbon bow instead of the paper one if you wish.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment beside the balloons or you could stamp it at the bottom also.
- Finish off the inside with the printed 4 x 5-1/4 and attach the white 3-1/4 x 4 on top of it and stamp your sentiment on it.
- Apply some glossy accents to highlights on the balloons.