Blender Pen & Correcting
A blender pen is not usually used for blending colors together. A colorist will normally use one of their light color markers to blend. (a blender pen will bleach or dilute color rather than blend). A blender pen is more often used as a correcting pen or for special effects. If you accidentally color outside the line of your image, simply take your blender pen and "push" the color back into the image, or through the paper to a piece of clean scratch paper or paper towel. The blender pen is all alcohol, which is the solvent of alcohol based markers.
Blending & Correcting Tips
- Add each layer while the previous layer is still wet. The fluid helps "bleed" or "blend" the colors together.
- Over lap your strokes.
- For a smooth blend, do not leave white space between strokes.
- All fluid has a tendency to spread. When adding your first layer of ink, do not color heavy near the edge. This will help prevent excessive bleeding once you add additional layers. You can fill in any white space, before the ink completely dries.
- Color small areas at a time to prevent ink from drying between layers.
- Put a piece of clean scratch paper or paper towel under your coloring page to help wick color throught the sheet, rather than sideways.
- Light & medium ink is blended with your light marker (the lighter of the two colors)
- Medium and dark ink is blended with your medium marker (the lighter of the two colors)